[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Commisso <jemc at twcny dot rr dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0 -- openswan ipsec
 Date:  Sun, 14 Oct 2007 21:17:23 -0400
Hi,

I have an openswan to openswan vpn working for some time now and would
like to move to monowall.
The current vpn is in use so I can't just replace everything at once.
I am trying to get the beta version 1.3b4 connected since I need NAT-T.
The current setup has static IP addresses at both ends but I have 1.3b4
here at my home with dynamic IP.
I have ipsec set up as described in the documentation under the VPN
Tunnel section.
The documentation describes a setup from one mono to another so I
started with that for my mono box here.
Then I configured my openswan box per the "example site to site vpn"
under FreeS/WAN.

It's not working. In my openswan box, I have not edited the
/etc/ipsec.secrets file at all, but I have searched the net and there is
mention that ipsec.secrets needs the preshared key but I am not sure how
to edit it.

If I can get this working, I will submit my process as to how it worked.

Thanks,
Joe