[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  m0n0 1.3 as acces point
 Date:  Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:59:45 +0200
I know it's  'not-advised' in the faq, but the faq relies on the Freebsd
4.11 versions.
So, is there a way to use a m0n0wall 1.3 as a simple acces point?
I would put it behind a "main" m0n0wall which acts as router/firewall.
That way I would be able to have captive portal on lan & wlan. (it's no
problem lan&wlan are in the same network segment)
I'm thinking about buying an alix board with 1 LAN and 1 mini-pci to fit a
(high power) wireless card.
I would disable dhcp and bridge(?) lan port and wireless card.
Is this possible? Can someone point me in the right direction?

PS I know I could use a custom AP for this, but senao's fail after a while,
linksys doesn't give me the power I want, etc...
And the m0n0wall+wlan card could be a cheap solution :-)

kind regards,
Yves