[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Weisler <mark at weisler dash saratoga dash ca dot us>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Does Hard Drive Need to be Formatted Before Install?
 Date:  Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:24:37 -0700
Hi,
Does a hard drive that is going to run m0n0wall need to be formatted before
installing m0n0wall on it?

I am planning to use  a live CD to boot the computer. Then insert a USB drive
with generic-pc-1.231.img on it.

If I issue 'gunzip -c generic-pc-1.231.img | dd of=/dev/hdX bs=16k' will that
format the drive?

I can't find reference in the Quickstart or the Manual or (recent) mail saying
the drive should be formatted prior to issuing the 'gunzip -c
generic-pc-1.231.img | dd of=/dev/hdX bs=16k' incantation.

Thanks reading/helping.

--
Mark Weisler
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our