[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Douglas Stringer <dougstringer at mac dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Traffic Shaping with WAN speeds changing daily
 Date:  Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:37:03 -0400
I have a question for anyone out there familiar with m0n0.

I have a situation where my router is travelling around the world.
Every day it is in a different city. It is plugged in to a cable
modem one day, a DSL the next, then a corporate LAN the next.

So each day the throughput of the upload and download is different.
One day it's 1 Mbps up/.5 Mbps down...  the next day it's 512 up/256
down. The next 10 Mbps up/10 Mbps down.

Everything works great but it is very hard to manage the traffic
shaping because my downstream speed and upstream speed is different
than the day before. I am not in the position to be able to monitor
each internet connection I have each day and change the settings on
m0n0.

I am trying to prioritize my VoIP traffic through the router.... I am
using a single VoIP device located on my LAN.

Thanks for reading and any suggestions you might have!

Regards