[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Jurgen van Vliet" <jurgenvv at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  "'Douglas Stringer'" <dougstringer at mac dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaping with WAN speeds changing daily
 Date:  Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:11:02 +0200
Hi Douglas,

Hopefully that other people can help you better, but in the mean time I can
tell you how I did it on a linux based device recently for a customer.
At every network shaping is disabled by default, start a script runs and
does an ftp upload and a download from his own ftp server, the script takes
the transmission speeds, put them in the shaper config and starts the

No clue on how to do that on m0n0wall /  BSD though , but it might give you
an idea to go to the right solution.