[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jurgen van Vliet" <jurgenvv at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  "'Douglas Stringer'" <dougstringer at mac dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaping with WAN speeds changing daily
 Date:  Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:11:02 +0200
Hi Douglas,

Hopefully that other people can help you better, but in the mean time I can
tell you how I did it on a linux based device recently for a customer.
At every network shaping is disabled by default, start a script runs and
does an ftp upload and a download from his own ftp server, the script takes
the transmission speeds, put them in the shaper config and starts the
shaper.

No clue on how to do that on m0n0wall /  BSD though , but it might give you
an idea to go to the right solution.

Regards,

Jurgen