[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Duncan Drury" <DDrury at christian dash aid dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaping with WAN speeds changing daily
 Date:  Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:17:40 +0100
I *think* this is how you might go about it.

Run the magic shaper wizard and check out the rules, pipes and queues it
makes to get an idea what each does.

Set up a queue for high priority traffic, and one for low priority
traffic.

Set up a rule that puts your VOIP traffic into the high priority queue.

Set up another rule that puts everything else into the low priority
queue.

I'm sure there is more to it than this, and you may want to fine tune.

Note that you will only be queuing traffic on the LAN side of the
m0n0box - if you have only one PC connnected to the m0n0box you'd be
better off locking down what software you are using on that PC and might
be competing for bandwidth than using the traffic shaper in m0n0 IMHO.

Duncan