[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kristian Shaw" <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Howto manually insert conf into CF? I need it for Firebox 2.
 Date:  Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:39:10 +0100
Hello,

If you have a FreeBSD machine (or can install into a virtual machine etc)
there is a script called workon.sh that allows you to do this. You should be
able to find it here:

http://chrisbuechler.com/m0n0wall/downloads/workon.sh

The scripts unpacks a m0n0wall image so that you can edit files (such as the
xml config file) and when you are done the scripts repacks the image for
you. You can then install (dd) this image to CF/HD.

I've used this to create a custom image for some of our devices so that even
if reset to factory defaults the network cards still come up correctly and
with sensible default IPs. The trick is knowing in advance what the network
cards should be configured as in the xml!

Kris.