[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F6nnblom_Jan=E5ke_?= /Teknous" <jan dash ake dot ronnblom at skeria dot skelleftea dot se>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] critical problem with captive portal and access in monowall 1.2
 Date:  Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:00:38 +0200
Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> writes:
>When this happens try and see if a "broken" client can connect to the
>http://m0n0wallip:8000 which is what the captive portal is supposed to
>redirect to.  This will tell you if it is a redirect issue, and we can
>go from there.

Okay! I'll try that next time the problem appears.

I notice that the clients that can't connect to the m0n0wall can't even resolve
ip addresses
to the DNS servers on the WAN interface.

Other clients that connect later work fine as long as they don't get the
particular ip address.

I have a copy of the status.php from the time when the problem happend if it is
of any help?

Assistentgatan 23
931 77 Skelleftea (Sweden)
Phone  : +46-910-58 54 24
Mobile : 070-397 07 43
Fax    : +46-910-58 54 99
URL    : http://skeria.skelleftea.se
"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." --
Henry Spencer