[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jimmy Bones (Mhottie)" <mhottie at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Cisco 1760 with WIC-4ESW routing 30mbps internet connection after m0n0wall.
 Date:  Sat, 27 Oct 2007 17:01:20 -0400
Hey guys -

Do you know if a Cisco 1760 Router with a WIC-4ESW (4 port 10/100 switch
module) can handle a 30mbps internet connection?

I know the WIC-1ENET is only a 10mbps WIC card, and would limit the router
to 10mbps, but if we put a 4ESW we get 4 10/100 ports and the on-board
10/100 port.

So we want to route the 30mbps into m0n0wall for firewall functions, then go
from there to a 10/100 port on the 1760 and out to LAN from the 1760.

Can this router handle a 30mbps connection or is it limited? I see mentions
of VPN max at T1/E1 speeds in the docs, but those are old docs and don't
mention the 4ESW WIC, etc..

Thanks!

-J