[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Commisso <jemc at twcny dot rr dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0-m0n0 1.3b4 ipsec up but can't ping LAN
 Date:  Sun, 28 Oct 2007 19:58:42 -0400
Hello,

I have m0n0 1.3b4 -- m0n0 1.3b4 with ipsec working (NAT enabled) and SA
established.

I can only ping the internal IP of the m0n0 at the other end but can't
ping the rest of the LAN.

In my firewall log, the following is a record of the blocked ping:

Act  |    Time                       |   If         |     Source
                |      Destination                      |     Proto

X     |    19:48:26.397742    |   WAN  |    64.xx.xx.14, port 443  |
192.168.7.50, port 4989  |     TCP

As I said, pinging the internal NIC of the m0n0 at the other end works
and of course is on the LAN, not the WAN.
I have tried searching the message boards all day. Now it is time for me
to post.

Firewall rules at both ends:

Proto  |    Source  |    Port   |   Destination  |      Port  |
Description
   |   Default LAN -> any

Thanks in advance,

Joe