[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kimmo Jaskari" <kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FW: Adding CLAMAV
 Date:  Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:15:24 +0200
On 10/28/07, p underscore ogle at bellsouth dot net <p underscore ogle at bellsouth dot net> wrote:

> It would be very cool if there was a way to add ClamAV to my M0n0wall box. I
> currently have a Sofaware appliance (Checkpoint) that has vstream (ClamAV),

Clam is a pretty powerhungry application, to begin with, which doesn't
really go well with the whole m0n0wall philosophy. It's also not a
core firewall thing, it's something that IMHO falls outside the normal
duties of a firewall. So, speaking as a normal m0n0 user who is
speculating wildly ;) I doubt it will be integrated as it would drive
up size a lot and require really beefy hardware to work well in any
event.

On my mail filtering Solaris box, clamd is using up over 40MB of
memory, which would be a huge chunk for m0n0 to swallow.

--
-{ Kimmo Jaskari }--{ kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com }--

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them."
  - Isaac Asimov