[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Graves" <mgraves at mstvp dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  CIDR notation in traffic shaper
 Date:  Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:09:51 -0500
I'd like to add some new VOIP devices inside my LAN. These use a remote
hosted SIP server whereas previously I had my own IP-PBX in-house. So I
need to amend my traffic shaper settings to give highest priority to a
specific range of IP addresses. I've looked in the docs and see that
CIDR notation can be used to assign a range of IP addresses to a pipe.
But how do I know what range of IP address?

My LAN is all in the 192.168.1.x range. My VOIP devices are all in
192.168.1.3x.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
--