[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ernie Zingleman" <ks4q at zingleman dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DNS (Off Topic) Question
 Date:  Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:34:17 -0400
This is an off topic question but I figured the experienced users here could answer it for me.

I'm transitioning from one static IP to another as I switch DSL providers in a day or two. I've got
a host name that users employ to connect to me.

The new static IP is not working yet.  However, in preparation for the transition and to minimize
downtime and failed connections, can I add my new static IP to my DNS records as a second entry?

Or, am I better just having one entry at a time for my hostname?

Thanks in advance, Ernie