[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Klaus Stock" <ks at stock dash consulting dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] CIDR notation in traffic shaper
 Date:  Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:45:32 +0100
"Michael Graves" <mgraves at mstvp dot com> wrote:
> But how do I know what range of IP address?
> My LAN is all in the 192.168.1.x range. My VOIP devices are all in

I assume that you mean that your VOIP devices are in the range from - (10 addresses). Which is not very smart, since
subnets are generated by binary subdivision. If you can manage to use the
subnet from to (8 addresses), you can define it
with the CIDR notation Should you however need to retain
the *.30 and *.31 addresses, you'll need to set up two subnets: the
aforementioned one ( plus

If you wanna play yourself, you can toy around eith the CIDR online
calculator: http://www.subnet-calculator.com/cidr.php - this might be
instrementive in bringing you up to speed.

best rgeards, Klaus

This mail sent using V-webmail - http://www.v-webmail.orgg