[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] new alix boards and m0n0 1.23
 Date:  Mon, 5 Nov 2007 22:41:26 -0400
On 11/5/07, YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Yeps, tnx for the info.
> I also found some company selling firewalls based on m0n0 1.23 and
> those alix boards, so I guess it will be supported out of the box.

Then I'm pretty sure they're selling something that isn't going to boot.  :)

1.2x doesn't boot at all, or even apparently attempt to boot.  Hangs after:

PC Engines ALIX.2 v0.92
640 KB Base Memory
261120 KB Extended Memory

01F0 Master 044A SanDisk SDCFB-512
Phys C/H/S 993/16/63 Log C/H/S 993/16/63

Tried multiple CF cards, no difference.

1.3b4 boots, but panics at boot time after USB initialization. I know
what that is, pfSense had the same until ehci was removed from the
embedded kernel. I believe that was supposed to have been fixed
though, I'll have to check into that.

The board definitely works though, it works fine with pfSense.
m0n0wall 1.2x is apparently a no go on ALIX boards.

-Chris