[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Feuers" <feuers at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  WAN, LAN, OPT1 -- trouble with OPT1
 Date:  Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:36:11 -0500
I am trying to separate my wired LAN from my wireless LAN (WLAN).   Both
networks need access to the Internet.  I plan/hope to tunnel/VPN from the
OPT1 network to the LAN network using TauVPN when needed.

PPOE -- WAN
LAN --    192.168.10.1    /24             <---- can access the Inet from
this Interface
OPT1 --   192.168.20.1  /24              <---  cannot access the Inet from
this Interface

I can ping OPT1 (192.168.20.1) from a PC (192.168.10.201) on the LAN
network, but I cannot ping OPT1 from a laptop that is directly connected
with a cross-over cable.  I also cannot pull an IP via DHCP on OPT1.  I set
a static IP on my laptop (192.168.20.50 /24) and got a good physical
connection to OPT1 using the cross-over cable.  I still cannot ping OPT1.

I have a rule on OPT1 to allow access anywhere (Inet-- similar to the
default rule on the LAN interface).  I have DHCP setup on both interfaces.
Once I can at least get Inet access on Opt1, I will then add a rule to block
access from LAN to OPT1 and also the other way around.  I have left the NAT
settings to default.

What I am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
Chris