[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Roland Giesler" <roland at thegreentree dot za dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Two m0n0walls that connect LAN via WAN?
 Date:  Sun, 11 Nov 2007 01:38:41 +0200
On 11/10/07, Jewell, Michael <mjewell at law dot umaryland dot edu> wrote:
> First of all,  I didn't say add routes, I said add NAT rules,  they're two different animals...

Agreed, my mistake.  But NAT rules will defeat my purpose, since I'm
trying to route the LAN addresses, just like one would route public
IP's.  It seems that m0n0wall just blocks certain types of traffic on
certain ports.  137, 138, 445 and so on (netbios), but there is no
rules that says it should do that.  And it blocks it on the LAN port
when the traced or pinged machine replies to the originator.

> Other question I had was - Are you using public IP's on the inside of both m0n0walls?

No.  Private.  But my SP routes the private IP between my 2 LANs, so
they might as well be considered public for the purpose of this
exercise.

--
Roland Giesler
Green Tree Systems cc, Stellenbosch, South Africa

Shop online at http://www.digitalplanet.co.za/?AID=497