[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Two m0n0walls that connect LAN via WAN?
 Date:  Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:32:55 -0500
On Nov 13, 2007 2:37 AM, Roland Giesler <roland at thegreentree dot za dot net> wrote:
> So still no-one that has any idea why I can't connect two windows LAN
> via two m0n0walls?
>
> Surely there are others who have done this?

I've done it with and without VPN, works fine. I haven't closely
followed this thread, but glancing at the archive I don't see where
you've said you disabled NAT (see FAQ). In an environment where you
have a Windows network on both sides of a router, you can't NAT, it'll
break things required for Windows networking to function reliably.
Aside from that, there's nothing to it. Routing misconfiguration and
incorrect firewall rules are the two things next most likely to go
wrong.

-Chris