[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Albert Lash" <albert dot lash at gmail dot com>
 To:  AndreseckH at gymszbad dot de
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] QoS
 Date:  Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:11:19 -0500
Hi Henning,

This is exactly what the traffic shaper is for! :-)

My guess is that whatever router you are using for your internet
connection (DSL / cable modem?) is doing the QOS, which is null.
You'll want to pull the QOS back onto the m0n0wall box by simply
limiting your upstream capacity to slightly less than your internet
connection can handle.

For example, if you have 1500/768, set the traffic shaper to use
1400/720. The traffic shaper will then be able to intelligently sort
packets based upon type and port and so on.

Hope that helps!

Albert

PS - If you provide more info, I might be able to help more. I've
wrestled with VOIP QOS - its fun!

--
My Blogs:
http://www.docunext.com/