[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kimmo Jaskari" <kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Setting up a Squid traffic on M0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:27:27 +0200
Never done it myself, but this is from an older discussion based on a
suggestion by Chris B; I'm just quoting back the info, so don't ask me
about it or give me any credit. ;)

The procedure is to save the config in XML form, then edit the XML
directly and restore it back to the m0n0, I believe.

Quote from the relevant message:

--

changed:
<nat>

to:
<nat>
 <rule>
   <protocol>tcp</protocol>
   <external-port>80</external-port>
   <target>192.168.1.7</target>
   <local-port>80</local-port>
   <interface>lan</interface>
   <descr>redirect HTTP to LAN HTTP Squid Proxy
server</descr>
 </rule>
 <advancedoutbound/>
</nat>

NOTE: adding this rule to NAT disabled access to the
monowall webGUI from our LAN.  To get around it we had
to change the port for the WebGUI from 80 to 81.

--

End quote. ;)

Gmail  is great when you need to do searches on list content.

--
-{ Kimmo Jaskari }--{ kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com }--

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them."
  - Isaac Asimov