[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Firewall virus protection?
 Date:  Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:59:31 -0600
Clever marketing on their part, no real technical understanding on the
customer's part. Being that m0n0wall is basically "free" in that you
just need the hardware and time to put one together, there's no reason
why content filtering or virus scanning couldn't be handled by another
machine. This just sets them up for a single point of failure for
multiple applications, that's what I always tell my customers, it
usually works in keeping m0n0wall in the "front" of everything and using
other solutions for other problems. The last you thing you want is a wiz
bang all in one computer that can have a single failure that takes down
everything.

Just my $0.02 anyway :-)

Thanks,
Michael