[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Trevor Merrill <trevor dot merrill at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VPN rookie
 Date:  Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:25:25 -0800
I want to setup monowall behind an existing firewall to provide VPN
access for users to all LAN resources. I just want monowall to act as
a vpn server and let the firewall currently in place do the filtering.
Is this possible with monowall? My current setup is a very basic one:

DSL modem with static IP block -> Linksys running DD-WRT -> switch ->
servers
WAN IP block					192.168.1.x range

Where would I place the monowall? What would the WAN and LAN
interfaces be? What would the monowall PPTP config look like? Does
anyone know of a good VPN resource for more of a vendor neutral
explanation of VPNs, their placement and configuration?

Many thanks,
Trevor