[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 To:  Trevor Merrill <trevor dot merrill at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN rookie
 Date:  Thu, 15 Nov 2007 00:44:53 -0600
Depends.  If you have more than one IP I would just NAT PAT the extra IP
to the m0n0wall and then set it up as if it is the firewall / PPTP
server.  Probably most "normal" way wich won't require any twisting of
your brain.

you could always just port forward PPTP traffic from your main firewall
to the 192.168.x.0/28 network address used for the WAN interface on the
m0n0wall.  Do remember you will need to tell the m0n0wall to permit RFC
1918 addresses on the WAN interface. (technically the routing of 1918
addresses.)

The rest of the setup is de facto.  Just pull the PPTP guide from the
m0n0wall document server or check the updated PPTP setup docs at
http://rdr.to/gl there is a link to a how to video there too.