[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Forest Bond <forest dot bond at logicsupply dot com>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  WAN "not transmitting MAC address"
 Date:  Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:29:33 -0500
Hi,

One of our customers called today saying that, after a power loss and subsequent
power-on, a box running m0n0wall is having issues coming back online.  His ISP
told him that they are seeing traffic from the box, but that it is "not
transmitting a MAC address", and the traffic is consequently dying at their
router.

Anyone heard of this before?  Our customer claims that he was told by another
fellow also running m0n0wall that he has seen this issue as well.

Thanks,
Forest
--
Forest Bond