[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Klaus Stock" <ks at stock dash consulting dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Firewall virus protection?
 Date:  Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:19:05 +0100
> A possible approach is the "man in the middle attack". All you

Sorry. Of course a security appliance does not "attack". Though I'm not sure
what the right word is. Even though marketing writes at least half a page
about the SSL-breaking^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hprotecting capabilities of their
firewalls, they fail to provide details about the working principle.
Probably to prevent the vile hackers from finding out how it works. All
protection! And only half a page, because they need the remaining space to
descibe the destructive vileness of the dangerous hackers which may be
getting ready for an attack on YOU right now!

Yup, 100% FUD marketing. That should give you another clue about the
knowledge level of the target audience.

And when I say FUD, I don't mean a female urination device.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FUD

Best regards, Klaus
This mail sent using V-webmail - http://www.v-webmail.orgg