[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Egbert Jan <egbert at vandenbussche dot nl>
 To:  =?ISO-8859-2?Q?'Scheer_Istv=E1n'?= <istvan at scheer dot hu>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] ASUS WL-138G pci card
 Date:  Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:28:32 +0100
Hi. The non-beta release has limited support for Wifi cards. Therefore I run
1.3b with a supported WIFI chipset. ASUS has used histirically used broadcom
and athereos chipsets. The Atheros is well supported in monowall 1.3b4. I
would advise to stick to athereos if possible at all. Try to find out what
your ASUS card chipset is. A quick google seems to tell that your card has a
broadcom chipset but i see also a reference to the ralink driver (Realtek)

CU
Egbert Jan (NL)