[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Trevor Merrill <trevor dot merrill at gmail dot com>
 To:  Lonnie Abelbeck <lists at lonnie dot abelbeck dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP VPN and DNS problem
 Date:  Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:55:39 -0800
Man I apologize I wrote my email too late at night 8-)

My wording is all wrong what I meant to say is that I want my work
DNS, 192.168.1.90, to be the only DNS when PPTP is connected. The
192.168.1.90 DNS address is at my work and that is the one I want to
use. I guess I will start over and get my wording right. Here is the
network setup:

laptop -> crappy DLink (LAN 192.168.2.x/24, WAN 192.168.1.x/24) ->
home monowall firewall (LAN 192.168.1.x, WAN DHCP from ISP) ->
internet -> work monowall (LAN 192.168.1.x/24, WAN Static IP from ISP)
-> LAN -> DNS server (192.168.1.90)

Settings on laptop (OS X Leopard) pertaining to DNS:
VPN Options - Send all traffic over VPN is checked
VPN DNS search domains - work domain is entered under search domains

Settings on Work Monowall pertaining to DNS:
General Setup
DNS - work DNS server is primary DNS, ISP DNSes secondary. "Allow DNS
list to be overridden...." is unchecked
Services
DNS Forwarder - "Enable DNS forwarder" is unchecked

I added in the domain override for my work domain and no luck.

Sorry for the goof. Thanks for the help.

Trevor