[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Lenaghan" <michaell at dazzit dot com>
 To:  M0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, trevor dot merrill at gmail dot com
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP VPN and DNS problem
 Date:  Sun, 18 Nov 2007 23:36:14 -0500
I have 10.4, not 10.5, but just to make sure you know about this stuff:

Open System Preferences|Network...

  * Under the Show pop-up menu near the top, VPN (PPTP) is one of the
options and you can specifically set your DNS server address there.

 * Under the Show pop-up menu near the top, select Network Port
Configurations and note the message about dragging items to put them
in whatever order you want.

In my case I have VPN (PPTP) first in the list so that whenever the
VPN is connected that DNS server takes precedence.