[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bill Arlofski <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  Paul Rae <paul at impacttrainingsolutions dot co dot uk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP is out, ALIX is in... Bye bye to VLAN support?
 Date:  Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:00:54 -0500
Paul Rae wrote:
> I had a look at this a while ago (and a quick check again seems to bring up
> the same results).
>
> The FreeBSD 6.2 branch does not support VLAN tagging in the vr driver.
> Release 7 will, but that will be of very little help to you at the moment.

Thanks for the fast response.

So, is it that the VR device is less capable, or only that the FreeBSD
6.x branch does not support VLAN tagging on this vr device?

I am curious to know why PC Engines would put LESS capable ethernet
devices in a MORE capable updated device. Or are the vr devices BETTER,
but just not under FreeBSD?

As far as I can tell, I can not even go backwards to a 1.2x m0n0wall
version on this board because I read that for several other reasons, it
"will just not work"(tm)

Cheers!

--
Bill Arlofski