[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Rae <paul at impacttrainingsolutions dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP is out, ALIX is in... Bye bye to VLAN support?
 Date:  Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:13:41 +0000
The device is just as capable, its just the driver support for the vr
interface in the 6.2 branch currently does not support vlan tagging.

The hardware is no less capable, it is just the software support for these
features is currently not available in the 6.2 branch.

That's not to say they won't be backported once they are available in the
7.0 release, however I don't think 7.0 proper is due out until the end of
the year.

Short term solutions:

If you need VLAN support - add an extra nic to the board that supports
VLAN's (assuming you have the space)

If you don't need VLAN support right now - just leave it, at some point in
the future there will be a software update that will allow this.