[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Riglin <Michael dot Riglin at shaw dot ca>
 To:  'Bill Arlofski' <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 Cc:  'm0n0wall' <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] WRAP is out, ALIX is in... Bye bye to VLAN support?
 Date:  Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:02:31 -0600
This suggestion may be way out to left field, but as your LAN requires VLAN
capabilities and you already have the spare WRAP, it may be an option to
convert your old WRAP into a Vyatta router (which the community edition is
free and fully supports the options you need) which can then be placed in
front of your new ALIX m0n0wall. Then, when 7.0 is released, the WRAP can
once again be decommissioned and the VLAN routing chores moved to your ALIX.

Just a thought on a possible short-term, free solution that doesn't require
the purchase of additional hardware.