[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP is out, ALIX is in... Bye bye to VLAN support?
 Date:  Wed, 21 Nov 2007 20:50:04 -0500
On Nov 21, 2007 7:02 PM, Michael Riglin <Michael dot Riglin at shaw dot ca> wrote:
> This suggestion may be way out to left field, but as your LAN requires VLAN
> capabilities and you already have the spare WRAP, it may be an option to
> convert your old WRAP into a Vyatta router (which the community edition is
> free and fully supports the options you need) which can then be placed in
> front of your new ALIX m0n0wall. Then, when 7.0 is released, the WRAP can
> once again be decommissioned and the VLAN routing chores moved to your ALIX.

If you're going to do that though, you might as well run m0n0wall on
the WRAP (since Bill is already familiar with it, and assuming he's
not familiar with Vyatta). It supports VLANs no problem.

The above is spot on correct. I don't think we'll see the vr(4)
changes in 6.3, possibly only in 7.x versions.

-Chris