[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jurgen van Vliet" <jurgenvv at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  "'m0n0wall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] WRAP is out, ALIX is in... Bye bye to VLAN support?
 Date:  Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:53:50 +0100
Ok, im looking a bit pale now and im drinking coffee with a shaking hand.

That the alix boards nics do not support vlan tagging on freebsd 6 is quite
a shock for me. I just got my test alix board yesterday and didn't go the
vlan way yet.
Lucky I got a wrap stock still, but this will give me a lot of problems in
the future if vlans is not possible.

The big question will for me is will m0n0 go to freebsd 7 and in what
timeframe. Considering the fact that the freebsd 6 branche is not even in
stabile ..
What is the ETA on freebsd 7 and will m0n0wall switch to it when it comes
out or will m0n0wall stay on freebsd 6 for a while ?

Regards,

Jurgen