[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  'm0n0wall' <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP is out, ALIX is in... Bye bye to VLAN support?
 Date:  Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:48:11 -0600
Jurgen van Vliet wrote:
> Ok, im looking a bit pale now and im drinking coffee with a shaking hand.
>
> That the alix boards nics do not support vlan tagging on freebsd 6 is quite
> a shock for me. I just got my test alix board yesterday and didn't go the
> vlan way yet.
> Lucky I got a wrap stock still, but this will give me a lot of problems in
> the future if vlans is not possible.

Welcome to the deal breaker!  I wanted to do some testing...  The
mini-itx platform I frequently promote as an alternative to WRAP?  The
onboard is vr.  Many cheaper computer system are also vr.  The Via Rhine
chipset is all over!  While you can get a mini-itx system to work by
careful selection of the additional nic, this is major!  I had not done
a lot of vlan work before, so I never tested it.  Is it supported on the
vr driver in 4.11?

			Lee