[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Jurgen van Vliet <jurgenvv at xs4all dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP is out, ALIX is in... Bye bye to VLAN support?
 Date:  Thu, 22 Nov 2007 22:04:47 +0100
On 22.11.2007, at 09:53, Jurgen van Vliet wrote:

> Ok, im looking a bit pale now and im drinking coffee with a shaking
> hand.
>
> That the alix boards nics do not support vlan tagging on freebsd 6
> is quite
> a shock for me. I just got my test alix board yesterday and didn't
> go the
> vlan way yet.
> Lucky I got a wrap stock still, but this will give me a lot of
> problems in
> the future if vlans is not possible.

No need to worry - it's only a small change in the vr driver to
enable the full 1500 byte MTU with VLAN tagging (as it is, VLAN
already "works" with vr on m0n0wall 1.3b4, but I realize that the
1496 byte MTU limit is unacceptable in most cases), and it has
already been MFC'd back to the 6.x branch. Should be pretty easy to
get this into 6.2, and I plan on making a 1.3b5 release with this fix
(and the SIP proxy contributed by Marcel Wiget) in the next few days.

- Manuel