[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] port redirection
 Date:  Fri, 23 Nov 2007 23:41:27 +0000
Jon,

In message <47475585 dot 9040200 at destar dot net>, Jon Reynolds <jonr at destar dot net>
writes
>Jon Reynolds wrote:
>> Hello,
>>  I have been googling and reading trying to figure out how to
>>redirect  all outbound port 80 requests to be sent to my internal
>>squid box. I  want to be able to do transparent interception on my
>>local lan but I am  having a helluva time figuring out how to do it
>>with monowall.
>>  I am using a Soekris Net4801 on a cf card if that matters.
>>  Thanks for any help,
>>  Jon
>
>I am taking the silence on this question means it is probably spelled
>out plainly somewhere obvious. Sorry for the noise.

Yes, apparently it can be done - never tried it myself though as I
prefer to tell the clients about the proxy (the cleanest way of doing
things and allows you to do authentication on the proxy).

There was a posting on this mailing list that described how to do it by
adding the rule directly into the config file and then uploading it (as
you can't do it from the web frontend).

See these threads for more details:

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_threads&actionargs[]=200509#%2Farch
ive%2F203%2F73