[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] port redirection
 Date:  Fri, 23 Nov 2007 17:44:12 -0600
Jon Reynolds wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have been googling and reading trying to figure out how to redirect
>> all outbound port 80 requests to be sent to my internal squid box. I
>> want to be able to do transparent interception on my local lan but I
>> am having a helluva time figuring out how to do it with monowall.
>>
>> I am using a Soekris Net4801 on a cf card if that matters.
>>
>> Thanks for any help,
>>
>> Jon
>
> I am taking the silence on this question means it is probably spelled
> out plainly somewhere obvious. Sorry for the noise.

Kind of...  It comes up often.  I have answered it a few times before.
Most recently, Kimmo Jaskari answered it on 11/07/07 in a thread titled
"Re: [m0n0wall] Setting up a Squid traffic on M0n0wall" so it is in the
archives...  But the important bits are;

changed:
<nat>
  <advancedoutbound/>
</nat>

to:
<nat>
  <rule>
    <protocol>tcp</protocol>
    <external-port>80</external-port>
    <target>192.168.1.7</target>
    <local-port>80</local-port>
    <interface>lan</interface>
    <descr>redirect HTTP to LAN HTTP Squid Proxy
server</descr>
  </rule>
  <advancedoutbound/>
</nat>

NOTE: adding this rule to NAT disabled access to the
monowall webGUI from our LAN.  To get around it we had
to change the port for the WebGUI from 80 to 81.