[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Carsten Holbach <Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] monowall PC image not on IDE bus
 Date:  Sat, 24 Nov 2007 14:10:27 -0100
Hello

Did you think about to order a IDE flash adapter at eBay? They are quite
cheap there.

Greetings
Carsten Holbach

Serge van Ginderachter schrieb:
> Hi ,
>

> I'm testing to get monowall up and running on a plain PC, with some memory card. Ideally, I'd use
a CF to IDE converter, and plug it in on the primary IDE port.

> Problem is, such converters are not easily found around here, and are relatively expensive. Easily
3x the price of some USB card reader. But putting the image on a flash card on a USB card reader,
doesn't boot, as the filesystem cannot be mounted, and the config file not  be read. I suppose the
boot code does not expect the root partition to be found behind an USB device.