[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Serge van Ginderachter <serge at vanginderachter dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  monowall PC image not on IDE bus
 Date:  Sat, 24 Nov 2007 16:05:28 +0100 (CET)
Hi ,

I'm testing to get monowall up and running on a plain PC, with some memory card. Ideally, I'd use a
CF to IDE converter, and plug it in on the primary IDE port.

Problem is, such converters are not easily found around here, and are relatively expensive. Easily
3x the price of some USB card reader. But putting the image on a flash card on a USB card reader,
doesn't boot, as the filesystem cannot be mounted, and the config file not  be read. I suppose the
boot code does not expect the root partition to be found behind an USB device.

My question:

- Is this to be expected with the latest stable image (1.23)?
- Is there a workaround? Maybe in an upcoming release?

Thanks,

        Serge

Serge van Ginderachter          http://www.vanginderachter.be/