[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Massive Network Card Errors
 Date:  Tue, 27 Nov 2007 08:11:10 -0600
lutz dot niederer at gmx dot net wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do have a problem with the network connection between my wrap and my server.  As you can see
from the attached data below, I get lots of errors and I have no idea where they are coming from.  I
changed cables, I changed the duplex/full-duplex.  Nothing helped.  The connection between the Wrap
and the cable modem is without errors, the connection between my server and other networking devices
is without any errors.  On the server there is a linux 2.4.32 kernel and a 4-port tulip-based card
(adaptec).  On the Wrap there is m0n0 version 1.231.
> These errors raise enormously in very short time if I transfer lots of data.  I am pretty sure
that this is the problem why I only get about 10mbit from my provider where I should get more than
20mbit.

> If anybody has an idea what I can do, please tell me.

Since you did everything else, flip ports.  First flip the LAN and DMZ
ports on the warp and see if it moves.  If not, flip the ports on your
server and see if it moves.  Again if not, plug the server directly into
the wrap with a crossover cable for testing and see if the problem leaves.

			Lee