[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Phillips <g7ltt at g7ltt dot com>
 To:  waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com
 Cc:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b5 released
 Date:  Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:14:50 -0500
This is pretty much how it went here too. I installed a 2 port ALIX at a
customer on Thanksgiving eve and only then noticed the VLAN thing. Went
home cursing that I'd have to find a WRAP board (maybe my own!) to swap
it out with.

Come Saturday morning the fix was posted and I remotely installed the
code, VLANS and even had a play with the SIP mini-proxy (although I
can't think what use it'll be).

Excellent work Manuel. Have yourself several beers!

Mark

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 07:58 -0500, mtnbkr wrote:
> Manuel Kasper wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > m0n0wall beta version 1.3b5 has just been released; here are the most
> > important changes:
> >
> >  ...[snip]...
> >
> > - added vr(4) driver VLAN fix (for ALIX etc.)
>
> LOL... I love this place.
>
> Day 1 - Get new ALIX board and realize that VLANS do not work
>         properly with m0n0 due to the vr support in FreeBSD
> Day 2 - Report to m0n0wall mailing list, and ask about recommendations
> Days 3-7 - Eat Turkey, visit family, rest (In America that is...)
> Day 8 - Manuel Releases a fix for my problems
>
> Thanks Manuel.
>
> I can confirm that VLANS work properly with 1.3b5 on this 3-LAN ALIX.
>
> Thank you kindly.
>
> --
> Bill Arlofski
> Reverse Polarity, LLC
> * Stop the NSA from illegally eavesdropping on your personal email *
> Learn about PGP and start encrypting your email today
> http://gnupg.org or http://www.pgp.com

Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O
Randolph, NJ