[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Question about m0n0wall PPTP/GRE features
 Date:  Tue, 04 Dec 2007 10:53:20 -0600
Klaus Stock wrote:
>> m0n0wall will function as a VPN endpoint, or it can do VPN passthrough
>> to a VPN endpoint on your LAN.  If it is an endpoint, it can also do
>> RADIUS authentication.
>
> Note that the m0n0wall has a limit of 16 concurrent PPTP connections
> compiled in (when acting as a PPTP endpoint, the limit doesn't matter for
> PPTP passthough, of course).
>
> It is, AFAIR, possible to increase this limit - if you can compile m0n0wall
> from source. Which is, IMHO, a pain.
>
> Why doesn't anybody provide a nifty, pre-configured, working compile
> environment for the m0no0wall (as an image for the (free) VMWare player, or
> whatever VM)?

Actually I did one with QEMU.  Chris has a link on his website here.
http://chrisbuechler.com/m0n0wall/downloads/vmde-0.2.rar  The rar will
fit on a CD.  If you are on windows, get QEMU for Win at
http://www.davereyn.co.uk/ and make sure you get the kqemu support.
Hopefully I will have time to put up a website soon.

			Lee

			Lee