[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Patrick Nixon" <pnixon at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Multiple WAN Interfaces
 Date:  Tue, 4 Dec 2007 12:02:52 -0500
Hey all,
 This is my first glance at a potential project that I may work on and
I was wondering what everyone thought was the best method to
accomplish the goals.

Known Information:
 - Up to 4 External Connections (between Cable, DSL, etc) will be
provided with DHCP Addresses.   Assume all have the same bandwidth of
about 6Mbps, just not that the all go to the same end point.
 - One Gigabit Internal connection
- Up to 600 Users will have access to the external connections, with
some small restrictions on what they can access (specifically,
bittorrent and p2p applications will be hopefully blocked)

The Goal:
 Devise a plan that would distribute the load across all connections.

 I was thinking of putting the users into four groups and using
Policy-Based Routing to send each to a different VIP on the monowall
(VLAN Interface) and then doing a static nat out one of the
interfaces.

 Is this something that monowall can handle?  Am I going to drive
myself crazy trying to do this?   How would you do it?

Thanks!

--Pat