[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  1.3B5 traffic shaper enabled results in lockup
 Date:  Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:17:33 +0100
Hi,

hotel setup here with m0n0 1.3B5. (on my holidays, imagine! But need the
internet quite often myself, so decided to give them a hand :-) )
Captive portal is enabled, though they use local user authentication, so no
radius.
Everything working fine, though when the traffic shaper is enabled (using
the magic shaper script) m0n0 crashes within 2 hours.
They want to use the shaper to discourage the use of P2P clients.
Concurrent users are not that high, got about 10-15 users online all the
time.
When a crash occurs, no more dhcp offers are given, and also with my laptop
ip set fixed I can't reach the m0n0wall.
The only way to reset is a power cycle. Machine is a P4, 512ram.
With traffic shaper disabled everything keeps running without issues.
Any idea's?

Many tnx
Yves