[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  1.3B5 traffic shaper enabled results in lockup
 Date:  Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:17:33 +0100

hotel setup here with m0n0 1.3B5. (on my holidays, imagine! But need the
internet quite often myself, so decided to give them a hand :-) )
Captive portal is enabled, though they use local user authentication, so no
Everything working fine, though when the traffic shaper is enabled (using
the magic shaper script) m0n0 crashes within 2 hours.
They want to use the shaper to discourage the use of P2P clients.
Concurrent users are not that high, got about 10-15 users online all the
When a crash occurs, no more dhcp offers are given, and also with my laptop
ip set fixed I can't reach the m0n0wall.
The only way to reset is a power cycle. Machine is a P4, 512ram.
With traffic shaper disabled everything keeps running without issues.
Any idea's?

Many tnx