[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Graham Allan <allan at physics dot umn dot edu>
 To:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.3B5 traffic shaper enabled results in lockup
 Date:  Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:25:16 -0600
On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 02:17:33AM +0100, YvesDM wrote:

> hotel setup here with m0n0 1.3B5. (on my holidays, imagine! But need the
> internet quite often myself, so decided to give them a hand :-) )
> Captive portal is enabled, though they use local user authentication, so no
> radius.
> Everything working fine, though when the traffic shaper is enabled (using
> the magic shaper script) m0n0 crashes within 2 hours.
> They want to use the shaper to discourage the use of P2P clients.
> Concurrent users are not that high, got about 10-15 users online all the
> time.
> When a crash occurs, no more dhcp offers are given, and also with my laptop
> ip set fixed I can't reach the m0n0wall.
> The only way to reset is a power cycle. Machine is a P4, 512ram.
> With traffic shaper disabled everything keeps running without issues.
> Any idea's?

1.3B5 has crashed a few times for me, while 1.3b4 was solid. Running
the generic-pc version on a repurposed Lucent Brick 80. I reflashed
back to 1.3b4 and haven't had any problems since. I didn't mention
anything on the list as I hadn't had a chance to look for any more
useful information yet (more useful than "it crashed").

Graham