[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Serge van Ginderachter <serge at vanginderachter dot be>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPTP VPN passthrough from LAN to external PPTP server - any updates?
 Date:  Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:28:33 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

Regarding PPTP VPN passthrough from LAN to external PPTP server for multiple clients to the same
endpoint. I'm well aware of the situation in current stable m0n0wall, and as of why this is a
problem.

I'am looking for a proper work around for this, as this is becoming a painfull feature for one of my
clients.

Is there any update on this matter in the upcoming 1.3 software? Are there any plans to address the
issue?

I can only find quality technical explanations on why this is difficult to implement, most on this
mailing lists in messages that are some years old in the mean time. Although I fully respect this of
course, I keep wondering why this is such a problem in m0n0wall, whilst most if not all cheap soho
routers perfectly manage to handle this nowadays.

Not wanting to troll, just looking for an honest status update on this matter.

Thanks!

        Serge

Serge van Ginderachter          http://www.vanginderachter.be/