[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F6nnblom_Jan=E5ke_?= /Teknous" <jan dash ake dot ronnblom at skeria dot skelleftea dot se>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] problem with captiveportal (locking problem?) - sessions gone m
 Date:  Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:45:34 +0100
YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com> writes:

>Interesting,
>
>I got a look-a-like issue too from time to time.
>Users are shown logged in on the CP status page with 0 bytes up/down.
>These sessions can reside for days, untill I clean them manually from
>m0n0wall webif.
>When it happens, that particular user is unable to login untill the session
>is manually cleaned.
>I 'll build a custom image with your patch and see what it brings me, tnx
>;-)

You're welcome. However my patch causes users to be IMMEDIATELY
logged out if they haven't sent any trafic before the cleanup script
"captiveportal_prune_old()" is run. So perhaps there is a race which
possibly could loggoff a user without them getting a chance to send any data.

Perhaps the "real" fix should either set the $lastact to time() if its 0:

$lastact = $lastact ? $lastact : time();

This would loggoff the user when the timeout has expired and the user hasn't
sent any data.

Assistentgatan 23
931 77 Skelleftea (Sweden)
Phone  : +46-910-58 54 24
Mobile : 070-397 07 43
Fax    : +46-910-58 54 99
URL    : http://skeria.skelleftea.se
"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." --
Henry Spencer