[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Dan Bond" <dan dot bond at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.3B5 traffic shaper enabled results in lockup
 Date:  Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:50:27 +0000
On 12/12/2007, Hillel Seltzer <hseltzer at larich dot com> wrote:
> Just so we have another data point, I am using m0n0wall 1.3b5
> with traffic shaper and have not experienced the locking problem.
> I should note that I am not using captive portal, the firewall rules
> are to allow all traffic both ways, and NAT is completely disabled.
> The traffic shaper also does not have any queues defined and just
> one pipe with rules to simulate a bad low bandwidth WAN link.
> Seems to work just fine for that.
>
> ---Hillel

Another data point then: I tried 1.3b5 and it locked up fairly
consistently under the load of a number of bittorrent connections,
couldn't access web gui or ping, etc. Use traffic shaper with slightly
modified magic shaper rules but nothing unusual. No captive portal,
but I do use NAT (just WAN to LAN). net4801, 2mbit connection (so
nowhere near the net4801's capacity). Without the bittorrent, no
crash, certainly long enough to downgrade to 1.3b4, which runs
perfectly.

Dan