[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Dan Bond" <dan dot bond at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.3B5 traffic shaper enabled results in lockup
 Date:  Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:50:27 +0000
On 12/12/2007, Hillel Seltzer <hseltzer at larich dot com> wrote:
> Just so we have another data point, I am using m0n0wall 1.3b5
> with traffic shaper and have not experienced the locking problem.
> I should note that I am not using captive portal, the firewall rules
> are to allow all traffic both ways, and NAT is completely disabled.
> The traffic shaper also does not have any queues defined and just
> one pipe with rules to simulate a bad low bandwidth WAN link.
> Seems to work just fine for that.
> ---Hillel
Another data point then: I tried 1.3b5 and it locked up fairly
consistently under the load of a number of bittorrent connections,
couldn't access web gui or ping, etc. Use traffic shaper with slightly
modified magic shaper rules but nothing unusual. No captive portal,
but I do use NAT (just WAN to LAN). net4801, 2mbit connection (so
nowhere near the net4801's capacity). Without the bittorrent, no
crash, certainly long enough to downgrade to 1.3b4, which runs