[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Boot <bootc at bootc dot net>
 To:  "Dan Bond" <dan dot bond at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.3B5 traffic shaper enabled results in lockup
 Date:  Wed, 12 Dec 2007 18:34:13 +0000
On 12 Dec 2007, at 17:50, Dan Bond wrote:

> On 12/12/2007, Hillel Seltzer <hseltzer at larich dot com> wrote:
>> Just so we have another data point, I am using m0n0wall 1.3b5
>> with traffic shaper and have not experienced the locking problem.
>> I should note that I am not using captive portal, the firewall rules
>> are to allow all traffic both ways, and NAT is completely disabled.
>> The traffic shaper also does not have any queues defined and just
>> one pipe with rules to simulate a bad low bandwidth WAN link.
>> Seems to work just fine for that.
>>
>> ---Hillel

> Another data point then: I tried 1.3b5 and it locked up fairly
> consistently under the load of a number of bittorrent connections,
> couldn't access web gui or ping, etc. Use traffic shaper with slightly
> modified magic shaper rules but nothing unusual. No captive portal,
> but I do use NAT (just WAN to LAN). net4801, 2mbit connection (so
> nowhere near the net4801's capacity). Without the bittorrent, no
> crash, certainly long enough to downgrade to 1.3b4, which runs
> perfectly.

Yet another data point: I'm using m0n0 1.3b5 on a net4801 and
experience the crashes. No Captive Portal, but I do use shaping,
vlans, wifi. No NAT at all. If I use something like BitTorrent the box
is likely to crash anything between minutes and hours after the
connections start pouring in. This is on 8M/832K ADSL.

HTH,
Chris