[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.3B5 traffic shaper enabled results in lockup
 Date:  Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:33:02 +0100
On 11.12.2007, at 02:17, YvesDM wrote:

> hotel setup here with m0n0 1.3B5. (on my holidays, imagine! But
> need the
> internet quite often myself, so decided to give them a hand :-) )
> Captive portal is enabled, though they use local user
> authentication, so no
> radius.
> Everything working fine, though when the traffic shaper is enabled
> (using
> the magic shaper script) m0n0 crashes within 2 hours.

Since most people in this thread seem to agree that 1.3b4 works while
1.3b5 doesn't, and given that the only major kernel change between
1.3b4 and 1.3b5 was the import of ipfilter 4.1.23, I think we should
give ipfilter 4.1.28 (which has been imported into FreeBSD CVS for
6.3) a try - here's are some images:

http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads-local/cdrom-1.3b6-pre.iso
http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads-local/generic-pc-1.3b6-pre.img
http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads-local/net45xx-1.3b6-pre.img
http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads-local/net48xx-1.3b6-pre.img
http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads-local/wrap-1.3b6-pre.img

(no other changes since 1.3b5)

The ipfilter change history (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/
~checkout~/src/contrib/ipfilter/HISTORY?rev=1.1.1.24.2.2;content-
type=text%2Fplain) lists fixes for various bugs that could have
caused kernel instability, but I can't pinpoint a particular change.
Anyway, to those who are experiencing lockups with 1.3b5: please try
the images above and let us know if anything has changed.

Thanks,

Manuel